The International Association of Canine Professionals is dedicated to the education, development and support of dog training professionals world-wide.
The IACP provides a community where experienced dog trainers mentor, guide and cultivate members to their full potential. Our commitment to the highest quality training increases our members’ skills and abilities, develops professional recognition and improves communication on training best practices. We support our members’ rights to properly use and promote effective, humane training tools and methods to create success for each dog and owner, while expanding the understanding and cooperation among canine professionals and dog owners across the full spectrum of the canine industry.
In achieving these aims through education and training, the IACP works actively to reduce cruelty and abuse to canine partners.
Specifically, the INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF CANINE PROFESSIONALS is an organization which:
- Encourages a Membership that will support, assist and participate in fulfilling the goals of the Association.
- Establishes communications networks between members for the benefit and cooperation of all members.
- Coordinates, and liaises with other related canine organizations on areas of common interest and provide representation for members at other related professional forums where canine matters are discussed and decisions made.
- Establishes a nationally and internationally respected reputation with the public, commercial organizations, and government bodies.
- Supports members in their business ventures through business services, representation, education, advice and contacts.
- Develops and launches marketing programs to raise the image and increase awareness of the INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF CANINE PROFESSIONALS to support members within their business as belonging to a recognized professional body.
- Develops public relations and advertising campaigns to promote a more positive image of dogs and their role within today’s society.
- Encourages responsible dog ownership - which includes educating and supporting the need for canine health care, training, breeding, good management and canine husbandry.
- Encourages and supports the establishment of dog parks, training and exercise areas within local communities.
- Assists members in establishing a true competitive, non-monopolized market within their profession, and supports control within the industry to sustain its success.
- Assists members to develop a sound and strong foundation from which to apply canine and human behavior learning practices to assist them in their profession.
- Provides members with proven information on methods and techniques that can be utilized to maintain the successful well being of dogs and dog/owner relationships.
- Provides and assists members with opportunities for further education, development of skills, and hands on experience.
- Works with other dog related professional organizations to develop and provide programs for members and newcomers to the profession, which shall enable them to achieve acceptance and recognition by these organizations.
- Evaluates standards and professional status issued by other Canine Associations. Acceptable standards and experience (determined by the IACP Membership Committee) shall be considered for eligibility towards the IACP membership categories.
- Actively supports existing canine partnerships which benefit mankind and society, (Including Hearing dogs for the Deaf, Guide Dogs for the Blind, Service Dogs for the Physically Disadvantaged, Search and Rescue teams etc.)